You can’t miss them all.
That’s why you’ve got coverage.
Eligible tires purchased at your Volkswagen
include 24-Month Road Hazard Coverage.1
You'll get 100% coverage for the full 24-month period.
1Road Hazard Protection provided by a third party. Coverage ends at the earlier of (1) expiration of 24 months from date of replacement tire purchase or (2) when less than 2/32˝ of tread remains. 24-month, 100% coverage. Only the following VW tire types are eligible: original equipment tires, original equipment alternative tires, winter tires, tire and wheel packages, and winter tire and wheel packages. Excludes mounting and balancing. Nontransferable. Additional restrictions may apply. Valid at a Volkswagen dealership only. See dealership or program brochure for details.
CUSTOMER TERMS & CONDITIONS
VOLKSWAGEN TIRE STORE 24-MONTH TIRE ROAD HAZARD PROGRAM
THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED WITH YOUR ELIGIBLE TIRE PURCHASE AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM AS A CONDITION TO THE PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR AS A CONDITION TO THE EXTENSION OF CREDIT.
TO SUBMIT A CLAIM, YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE SHOWING THE PURCHASE OF THE TIRE. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PRESENT YOUR ORIGINAL INVOICE, THE DEALER HAS THE RIGHT TO DENY COVERAGE.
This Tire Road Hazard Program (“Program”) is included with new tires sold by dealerships participating in the Volkswagen Tire Store Program and is administered by Sonsio Management, Inc. (“Program Administrator”).
The Seller of the tires covered by this complimentary Program is identified by name and address on the original purchase invoice (“Original Invoice”), which is attached to and made a part of these Program terms and conditions (“Program Benefit Statement”).
WHAT TIRES ARE ELIGIBLE:
The benefits of this Program are available only for (A) the tires (i) purchased by you, the customer, from a dealership participating in the Volkswagen Tire Store Program (“Participating Dealership”), and (ii) that are listed clearly on the Original Invoice, identified by the listed part/SKU number(s), and (iii) while installed on your vehicle identified by year, make, model, and Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) on the Original Invoice (“Eligible Tires”); and (B) tires that replace Eligible Tires pursuant to the Program (“Eligible Replacement Tires”) subject to the same identification and requirements that would apply for the original Eligible Tire. This Program is limited to flat tire changing assistance, and reimbursement for the replacement of Eligible Tires and Eligible Replacement Tires damaged by a road hazard as described below.
TERM OF PROGRAM BENEFITS:
This Program covers Eligible Tires for a term of 24 months from the date on your Original Invoice for the tires, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2/32" or less, whichever occurs first (“Program Benefit Term”). Eligible Replacement Tires will be covered under this Program for the remainder of the original Eligible Tire’s Program Benefit Term. The Program Benefit Term will not be extended or determined by the installation date of the Eligible Replacement Tire.
WHAT IS ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE?
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass, and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards. See “EXCLUSIONS” below for a list of exclusions from Road Hazard Damage.
WHERE YOU CAN OBTAIN SERVICE:
Whenever possible, you should return your vehicle to the original selling dealership. If you cannot return your vehicle to the original selling dealership, you may contact the Program Administrator at 1-800-780-1510 during normal business hours to receive assistance locating the nearest Participating Dealership. If you do not follow the Program Administrator’s instructions, your claim may not be eligible.
FLAT TIRE CHANGING ASSISTANCE OR TOW:
During the Program Benefit Term, you are eligible for roadside flat tire changing assistance or towing if applicable. Flat tire changing assistance is strictly limited to the roadside installation of your useable spare tire. If you do not have a spare tire, or two or more of your tires are damaged, your vehicle may be towed to the nearest Participating Dealership. Your roadside service event is prepaid up to a maximum of $100.00. You are solely responsible for towing in excess of $100 or other parts and services. This benefit applies only to motorized passenger vehicles and specifically excludes trailers. You must be with your disabled vehicle when the service provider arrives; assistance cannot be provided to an unattended vehicle. If you are not with your disabled vehicle, an associated fee may be charged that is not reimbursable. For flat tire changing assistance or towing, call the Program Administrator at 1-800-780-1510 to be connected with the roadside assistance dispatcher. Roadside assistance for flat tire changing or towing is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If, during the Program Benefit Term, an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a valid road hazard, it will be replaced by the Participating Dealership with an exact make/model of tire if available. If not available, a comparable quality tire will be installed. When an Eligible Tire failure occurs, the Eligible Tire will be replaced at no cost to you for the tire, except as described below. In no event shall 100% coverage exceed $550.00 per Eligible Tire or Eligible Replacement Tire. You are responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, taxes and miscellaneous fees.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAKE A CLAIM WHEN AN ELIGIBLE TIRE IS DAMAGED:
- If you have presented an Eligible Tire during the Program Benefit Term, the Participating Dealership will verify that the damage to the tire is due to a road hazard as defined above.
- If the tire is found to be eligible for the benefits of this Program, the tire will be replaced as described above.
- The Participating Dealership will submit the claim to the Program Administrator.
- You must sign the replacement invoice and provide the Participating Dealership with the Original Invoice. The Participating Dealership will make a copy of both the Original Invoice and the replacement invoice and return the originals of both invoices to you.
- You must furnish the VIN of your vehicle and the Department of Transportation (“DOT”) number for the replacement tire.
- You are responsible for any and all charges not included in this Program Benefit Statement.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be surrendered to the Participating Dealership.
- Tires being replaced under the Program must be made available for inspection if requested by the Participating Dealership.
- If a tire needs to be replaced and authorization cannot be obtained because the damage has occurred outside of the Program Administrator’s normal business hours, you may elect to wait for authorization or proceed with a tire replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement: (1) you must go to the original selling dealership or a Participating Dealership; (2) if replaced, the damaged tire must be retained; AND (3) the Program Administrator must be contacted at 1-800-780-1510 within 2 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility.
EXCLUSIONS: THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE FOR:
- Tire replacements made by anyone other than a Participating Dealership, its agents, contractors, or licensees.
- Failures to tires occurring when any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 2/32" or less.
- Replacement or flat tire changing assistance for tires that are not: (1) purchased by you, the customer, from a Participating Dealership or replaced under the Program by the Program Administrator; (2) listed clearly on the Original Invoice, identified by the listed part/SKU number(s); and (3) damaged while installed on your vehicle identified by year, make, model, and VIN on your Original Invoice (“Eligible Tires”).
- Any loss, damage, or expense caused by accidents, collision, theft, larceny, snow chains, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, fire, windstorms, hurricanes, water, floods, malicious mischief, vandalism, civil commotion, riots, war, etc.
- Replacement of a tire due to manufacturer recall, defect, or warranty, or any other reason for which the manufacturer will repair or replace the tire at its expense or at a reduced cost.
- Any invoice presented for payment of services not performed.
- Any damage due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper application, improper towing, improper balancing or alignment, improper inflation, brake lock-up, wheel spinning, torque snags, etc.
- Cosmetic damage to any tire. Cosmetic damage is described as damage that does not affect the structural integrity of the tire.
- Any loss, damage, or expense as a result of off-road use (off-road use is described as driving on anything that is not a paved or gravel road maintained by the state or local authority).
- Damage caused by mechanical failures (e.g., failed shocks, struts, alignment, balancing, etc.) or interference with vehicle components (e.g., fenders, exhaust, springs, etc.).
- Replacement of tires that have been repaired in a manner other than per tire manufacturer guidelines and industry-approved methods.
- Replacement of tires that have been retreaded, recapped, regrooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) greater than 14,000 lbs.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with designed for, built for or used in a private recreational or commercial application including but not limited to Class A (or Type A) Motor Homes and Class C (or Type C) Motor Homes.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, trailers, or on vehicles used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, fleet vehicles, commercial towing, construction, or postal service.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles used for farming, ranching, or agriculture, and vehicles that are registered to or licensed under a farm or ranch.
- Replacement of any tire(s) used for commercial purposes, used directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit.
- Replacement of TPMS or devices and components associated with TPMS.
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS OR DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SECONDARY DAMAGES.
- Any other costs or expenses that you incur as a result of the need to repair or replace your tire.
- Any costs or expenses arising because the vehicle is not available for use.
- Liability for damage to property, injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the vehicle whether or not related to tire damage.
- Storage or freight charges.
- Fees charged by the roadside assistance provider when (i) towing charges exceed the $100.00 prepaid limit; (ii) the driver is not with the vehicle when the roadside assistance provider arrives; (iii) the vehicle is not at the location given to the dispatcher when the roadside assistance provider arrives; or (iv) if you do not call back to cancel the requested service within the window given by the roadside assistance provider.
The benefits of this complimentary Program are secondary to any other motor club contracts and/or vehicle service contracts, and/or promotional programs specific to the Participating Dealership (e.g., Loyalty Programs) you may have purchased that provide reimbursement for damaged tires and/or wheels. When an Eligible Tire is damaged by a road hazard and another company provides any reimbursement for the tire, the maximum amount reimbursable under this Program will be less the amount reimbursed under the motor club or vehicle service contract. If any other motor club contract and/or vehicle service contract exists but the terms of that contract(s) clearly states that it is secondary, the Program Administrator will pay 50% of the eligible reimbursement amount described in the Tire Replacement section of this Program.
THE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY CLAIM SUBMITTED WITH FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION OR IF THE PAPERWORK DOES NOT CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, VEHICLE AND TIRES, OR IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE ORIGINAL INVOICE.
- The terms and conditions outlined above state the full and complete obligations between the parties. You should not rely on any oral representations or statements about the Program.
- The Program Administrator may delegate the performance of its duties and obligations and assign its rights and benefits hereunder.
- The Program Administrator assumes no obligation or responsibility with regard to your vehicle.
- The Program Administrator neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume additional liability on its behalf.
This Program is extended only to you, the original purchaser of the Eligible Tire(s) and may not be transferred to anyone who purchases your vehicle or tires during the term of this Program. The benefits of this Program are not transferable to any other vehicle or tires.